I am beyond grieved to learn that Domino Magazine it the latest casualty of our faltering economy… I loved that magazine.
I was browsing their website and found their manifesto. I really liked it so I want to share it with you:
- Home Should Make You Happy!
- We swear by the 3 R’s: repaint, repaper, reupholster
- Steal ideas from other people’s houses
- Even the insides of the closets & cabinets can be beautiful
- It’s ok to NOT BE finished
- TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS—ALWAYS!
- A chandelier is as timeless as a black dress
- Renters need not be second class citizens
- Sometimes your mistakes become your greatest inspirations
- DON’T BE AFRAID TO MIX STYLES (Louis XIV and Eero Saarinen should hang out more often)
- When traveling, skip the snapshot and buy something unique for the coffee table
- HAVE FUN!