Seriously people, this is the best broccoli ever. If I didn’t have a sliver of self-control I could eat 5 heads of broccoli, which would be no fun for anyone.
It is so super simple to make:
- Broccoli, rinsed and cut at the stems. Cut the florets in half so they lay on the baking sheet flat. Throw the broccoli in a bowl.
- Olive oil- drizzle as much or as little as you want on the broccoli.
- Garlic- dice a clove or two and throw it in the bowl with the broccoli.
- Sugar! The secret weapon. A tiny sprinkling is all it needs, it adds such a great flavor. Sometimes I am bad and sprinkle on more than a tiny bit.
- Roast on a foil-lined pan (preferably with edges in case the EVOO runs) at 400 degrees till done. You can roast it as long as you like, I like mine practically burnt, it gives the broccoli and the garlic (which you will end up eating as well) such an amazing flavor the longer you keep it in. The picture above is not quite done, when I make it the broccoli is pretty much charred.
Eat and be amazed. Recipe adapted from here.